Executive Order No. 11 series of 2019
An Order creating the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council of Tabuk City, Defining its powers and functions and other purposes.
WHEREAS, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is globally, regionally and nationally recognized as powerful tool that enables and promotes the development of both the public sector and the commercial activities of the private sector by providing its users with high volume and high speed data management, enormous computing power, and extensive and wide area of communications capability for accessing and sharing information;
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 264 issued on July 2000 created the Information Technology and Electronic Commerce Council (ITECC) which shall function as the primary planning and policy advisory body on development, promotion and application of national information and communications technology and e-commerce initiatives;
WHEREAS, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Councils and local counterparts of ITECC play an integral role in the growth and development of the ICT industry and local economy by providing a unified front for the Information Technology-Business Process Outsourcing (IT-BPO) to industry promotion and networking and collaboration with the government;
WHEREAS, Tabuk City was identified as one of the Emerging New Wave Cities by the Department of Information and Communications Technology Office (DICT);
WHEREAS, Tabuk City recognizes the need to create the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council to provide a legal framework that shall govern the existence and usage of information technology system in the city.
NOW, THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the foregoing premises and by virtue of the powers vested in me by law as the City Mayor of Tabuk, I, ENGR. DARWIN C. ESTRAÑERO, hereby order the creation of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council of Tabuk City with their following functions to wit;
SECTION 1. TITLE.
This order shall be known and cited as “An Order Creating the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council of Tabuk City, Defining its Powers and Functions and for Other Purposes.”
SECTION 2. COMPOSITION.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council of Tabuk City shall be composed of the following:
Chairperson: Engr. Darwin C. Estrañero, City Mayor
Co-Chairperson: Mr. Lino D. Cungihan, DTI Provincial Director
- HON. EDUARDO A. SACAYLE, SP Chairperson, Committee on Education
- HON. CASTOR G. CAYABA, SP Chairperson, Committee on Trade and Industry
- HON. GLEN JULIUS B. AMLA, SP Chairperson, Committee on Infrastructure
- MS. ARLENE ETHEL B. ODIEM, LTIP Officer
- MR. NATHANIEL G. DALANAO, ICT Manager
- MR. BRENT B. MARTINEZ, City Information Officer
- EnP MARICEL D. KILEY, City Planning and Development Office
- MS. IRENE S. ANGWAY, City Schools Division Superintendent
- ENGR. LEO B. UGTO, DICT Provincial Director III
- MR. JOEL PILOTIN, TESDA Provincial Director
- MS. AVELINA 0. MANGANIP, DOLE Provincial Director
- MS. JASMIN L. DONAAL, DOST Provincial Director
- MR. EDUARDO T. BAGTANG, PhD, KSU President
- PL T. COL. ROMULO A. TALAY JR., Chief of Police – PNP Tabuk
- ENGR. DANIEL PECKLEY JR., Tabuk Hydro Manager
SECTION 3. COMMITTEES.
The Council shall have the following Committees:
- Research, Infrastructure and Location
- Academe and Human Resource
- Government Support
- Publicity and Promotion
SECTION 4. POWERS AND FUNCTIONS.
The Council shalt exercise the following powers and functions:
- Policy and Planning
- Formulate, recommend and implement local policies, plans and programs and guidelines that will promote the development and use of ICT with due consideration of emerging technologies.
- Formulate policies and initiatives. in coordination with the Department of Education (DepEd), the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), to develop and promote ICT in education consistent with the local government objectives.
- Provide an integral framework in order to optimize all local government systems and applications.
- Improved Public Access
- Prescribe rules and regulations for the establishment, operation and maintenance of ICT Infrastructures.
- b. Establish a free internet service that can accessed in government offices and public areas using the most cost-effective telecommunications technology, through partnership with private service providers as may be necessary.
- Resource-Sharing and Capacity-Building
- Harmonize and coordinate with all existing local and national ICT plans and initiatives to ensure knowledge, information and resource-sharing, database-building and agency-networking linkages among government agencies.
- Ensure the development and protection of integrated government ICT infrastructures and designs, taking into consideration the inventory of existing manpower, plans, programs, software, hardware and installed systems.
- Assist in the dissemination of vital information essential to disaster risk reduction in coordination with the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management (CDRRM) and the City Information Office (CIO).
- To be a catalyst between the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP) and the LGU for NICP-led programs.
- To identify violations, prohibited acts, practices and misuse of ICT facilities:
- Provide guidelines for the rational, equitable and fair access to all users of all ICT Facilities and resources which shall be intended strictly for work-related activities.
- Formulate policies which shall govern all the components and security management network of the Tabuk City system which shall include, but not limited to, user log-in, user responsibilities, etc.
- Identify prohibited acts and use of ICT resources which shall include but not limited to, uses contrary to laws, customs, morals and ethical behavior, uses for personal benefit, business or partisan activities, games and entertainment, acts that damage the integrity, reliability, confidentiality and efficiency of the ICT systems, acts that encroach the rights of the users, acts which violate privacy and acts that waste resources.
- Policy and Planning
Section 5. QUORUM AND MEETINGS.
Simple majority shall be utilized in determining the quorum of the council meeting to be held quarterly.
SECTION 6. FUNDING.
The initial funding of One Million Pesos (Php 1,000,000.00) shall be sourced out from any available fund under the INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY OFFICE and the same amount shall be included in the next annual budget and the succeeding annual budgets thereafter.
SECTION 7. IMPLEMENTING RULES AND REGULATIONS.
The Implementing Rules and Regulations shall be issued by the Local Chief Executive to effectively implement this Executive Order.
SECTION 8. SECRETARIAT.
The Secretariat of the Information and Communications Technology Council of Tabuk shall be responsible for providing technical support, documentation of proceedings, preparation of reports and such other assistance as may be required in the discharge of its functions.
The Secretariat of the Council shall be the City Information and Communication Technology Office with the assistance of the City Information Office.
SECTION 9. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE.
If any part of this order is held invalid or unconstitutional, other provisions not affected thereby shall remain in force and effect.
SECTION 10. REPEALING CLAUSE.
All City orders, memoranda, issuances, rules, or regulations in conflict with the provisions of this order are hereby repealed.
SECTION 11. EFFECTIVITY CLAUSE.
This order shall take effect upon approval.
Let copies of this executive order be furnished to an offices concerned for their guidance.
Done this 27th Day of February, 2020 at Tabuk City, Kalinga.
Engr. Darwin C. Estrañero